My favorite cookbooks

>> Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Today I want to share with you my favorite cookbooks. I have a few smaller ones that I occasionally use for a thing or two, and then I have two that I use these almost every single time I cook. This first one we got for our wedding from my mother-in-law. It has a lot of fancier (not harder, just fancier) recipes. There are still your basic recipes, like pancakes, waffles, meatloaf, spaghetti sauce, etc, but a lot of it is stuff that you just don't cook everyday. Still, I love this cookbook and highly recommend it.

This next one I just got a couple of days ago (from Barnes and Noble for around $30), and I already love it. It's so inclusive and awesome! Each recipe is tried many, many times, and they even make/test the recipes on the lowest grade of cookware and appliances out there to make sure the recipe will work for everyone every single time. It also lists substitutions, best brands to use for each recipe, etc. And it has a lot of useful sections, such as what kitchen tools you should have, what items to stock in your pantry, etc.

If you add these two to your collection, you will be good to go! I have wasted a lot of money over the years buying cookbooks that I never use. These you will use, all the time. Well worth the money!

What's your favorite cookbook?

1 comments:

Carole Powell October 19, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Sadly I don't have a cookbook of my own that has become a 'go-to' book yet. BUT, I do LOVE America's Test kitchen! I try to watch them on PBS on the weekend. My Mom has this awesome Amish cookbook that has crazy recipes that serve 20 people. It's called Cooking from Quilt Country. I really recommend it if you don't mind cooking with lard and other totally unhealthy yet yummy things. The best things are the biscuits (the best EVER!) and the cold water pie crust.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)