Cayenne Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa

>> Thursday, July 24, 2008

I got this recipe from my good friend, Marcy. It's absolutely fabulous. It's simple, easy and quick. The flavors go together so well, and it's just perfection. I cannot say enough good things about it! I'm forever in your debt for this one, Marcy! :)

Oh, and don't let the cayenne scare you away. I'm a huge wuss about heat in my food, and I ended up adding more cayenne the second time I made it.

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 medium red onion, finely chopped

2 tablespoons lime juice

1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper


In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.



Rub spices all over chicken breasts. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chicken and cook 8-10 minutes per side, or until done. I actually didn't use a skillet - I used my electric griddle. I still added a bit of oil to the griddle for flavor.


After chicken is done, combine onion, lime juice salt and pepper into a medium bowl.


Serve chicken topped with salsa.



I served mine with just a simple salad. I tossed some red onion into the salad since I had extra, then I added some cheddar cheese and cool ranch dressing to help cool down the heat from the cayenne. It was a yummy meal!

2 comments:

Mindy July 24, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

That looks soo good! mmm I can smell it sizzlin on the griddle from here!!

Anonymous,  November 11, 2008 at 2:35 AM  

This is great info to know.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)