Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce

>> Monday, January 4, 2010

This came from my Healthy Cooking magazine. It is so simple, super fast and really tasty. Even if you're not much of a blue cheese fan, I think you'd still like this because the sauce is very mild. We love blue cheese, so I added a bit more than the recipe called for. My kids gobbled this up, and my husband said he wished I'd made more because he wanted a second helping.

My other favorite part of this meal was that it only used a small pot! The chops are cooked in the oven. I lined my baking sheet with foil, so all I had to wash was the pot I cooked the sauce in. Gotta love that!

Ingredients
4 bone-in pork loin chops
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
2/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon white wine or chicken broth

Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with pepper. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 4-6 minutes each side, or until meat thermometer registers 160*. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and wine (or broth). Stir until heated through. Pour sauce over chops and enjoy!

Are you ready to have your kids back in school yet? ;)

Not sure what to do with the extra blue cheese?
Blue Cheese Dressing
Walnut Blue Cheese Salad
Buffalo Chicken Salad

3 comments:

Rachel January 4, 2010 at 1:04 AM  

My kids are home schooled so they are always here, good and bad! Sadly, they won't eat anything with creamy sauce (strange, I know) but this looks good for our anniversary meal.

Elizabeth January 5, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

this looks really good! I'm going to have to try this.

Elizabeth January 5, 2010 at 8:05 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)