Buffalo Chicken Salad

>> Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I was browsing around some food show episodes online and saw one for boneless buffalo wings. I instantly had a crazy craving for them and decided to turn it into a salad since I had lettuce that I needed to use up fast. Oh yum. I don't even care that the chicken is deep fried, that there's tons of cheese and fattening dressing. It's so very worth it.

If you have a Super Bowl party to host or go to, this is perfect! You can just fry up all the chicken and lay out all the other ingredients and have people make their own salads. You could even set out tortillas and/or hoagies and do buffalo chicken wraps or sandwiches, maybe with some garlic mayo. . .

I tend to make a lot of things that don't require specific measurements. Not only does that save me from having lots of little dishes to wash but it just makes things easier. So when I post a method instead of a recipe, don't let it scare you. That means you honestly can't mess it up. This is one of those.

I've mentioned before that I'm a huge wuss when it comes to spicy foods. I like a little kick, don't get me wrong, but when it's throat-on-fire and eyeball-watering spicy, I'd rather not. Because of that, I was afraid of Frank's hot sauce and went really easy on it at first, but I actually ended up adding more. The hotness is very mellowed by the olives, the lettuce and the cool ranch dressing.

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
Frank's hot sauce
vegetable oil
1 recipe ranch dressing
romaine lettuce, shredded
tomatoes, diced
green onions, chopped
olives, chopped
carrots, shredded
blue cheese crumbles
celery

Fry chicken pieces in vegetable oil until thoroughly cooked. Make sure you move them around frequently to brown evenly on all sides. Quickly drain excess oil on paper towels. Place chicken pieces into a large bowl while still warm and pour hot sauce over. Toss to evenly coat.

While chicken is cooking, prep whatever toppings you want to use.

Then assemble your salad, drizzle with ranch dressing and enjoy!

3 comments:

Hillary January 14, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Come back and post your review once you've made it!! :)

Marcy January 14, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

Thanks a lot. Now my mouth is literally watering for buffalo chicken. This is a terrible predicament since I have shepherds pie in my oven right now. lol

You're in BIG trouble! ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)