7 Layer Bean Dip

>> Friday, January 9, 2009

This is one of my very favorite things. My sister-in-law and I used to make this every time we got together, and we'd finish off a double batch in like a day between the 2 of us. Random side note: when my husband and I used to live with my in-laws when we first got married and were saving some money, this sister-in-law and I would go through one of those ginormous 5 pound tubs of sour cream every week. No joke.

Anyhow, the dip. It's a really easy one to throw together and is perfect for a party. It's not something you can really make ahead, unless you omit the guacamole. And I'd suggest you don't omit the guacamole. What the 7 layers are that you use is completely up to you. This is just my favorite way. But feel free to change it up with any ingredients you like: green onions, some taco seasoning, add ground beef, use salsa instead of tomatoes, add diced green chilies, add Spanish rice. . .

Ingredients:
1 can refried beans
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 large red onion, diced
1 recipe guacamole
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1/2 can whole pitted black olives, chopped
cheddar cheese, shredded

Spread refried beans onto the bottom of the dish (I used my 8x8 casserole dish, which works out perfectly), then the guacamole and sour cream. Then layer the remaining ingredients on however you like and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

You can cover with plastic wrap and chill it for 15 minutes or so if you like. Serve with chips. Or it's good enough to just eat with a spoon straight from the dish. Not that I've ever done that or anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)