Cilantro Lime Rice

>> Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All I can say is yum. I went to Cafe Rio a few years ago, and they served this rice. I was instantly in love and just had to have the recipe. I experimented and came up with something that tastes insanely close.

This rice is so yummy as a side dish by itself. But stay tuned, because over the next few days, I'll post a few recipes that are fabulous with this rice.

Ingredients:
1 cup long grain white rice
2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon lime juice
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon sugar

Cook rice in chicken stock according to package directions. When rice is done, add butter, lime juice, cilantro and sugar.

2 comments:

Beth December 19, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

Oh yummy! I have to try this. My little one (11 months) just inhales rice. I make it nearly everynight for dinner so this will be a good change up!

Thanks for the inspiration

Beth December 31, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

I love coming back to your blog over and over again for inspiration. Thank you so much!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)