Chicken Enchiladas

>> Friday, December 19, 2008

I love chicken enchiladas, but sometimes I just don't feel like the traditional red sauce kind. When my mom gave birth to my youngest brother, a friend of ours brought her some enchiladas, and they quickly became a family favorite. I found another recipe a while ago, and I sort of combined the 2 to make my own version.

Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or diced into bite-sized pieces
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 cup cottage cheese (sounds weird, I know, but it's yummy)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can diced green chilies
flour tortillas
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 recipe Cilantro Lime Rice

Toppings:
cilantro, chopped
tomatoes, chopped
sour cream

Preheat oven to 350.

Season chicken (I used cumin, chili powder, garlic salt and lime juice) and cook until done. While chicken cooks, combine soups, cottage cheese, sour cream and chilies. When chicken is done, add to soup mixture.

Lay tortillas out on a flat surface. Spread each tortilla with a generous spoonful of rice and then top with some meat mixture, reserving some of the meat mixture for the top of the enchiladas. Roll up and place seam side down into a sprayed 9x13 baking dish.



Top prepared enchiladas with remaining sauce and then top with shredded cheddar cheese. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve topped with sour cream, tomatoes (or salsa) and cilantro.


2 comments:

Megan December 19, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

Yum! I made this and the rice tonight for dinner. Though, I did use shredded beef from a leftover roast and subbed cream of chicken for the celery soup...

Anyways, my kids gobbled it up - even the 2 yr old who usually refuses to eat anything but peanut butter. You're blog has dinners my kids adore!

Hillary December 19, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

Megan--
I'm SO happy to hear that! Thank you for that compliment. :) Shredded beef was probably excellent in this -- thanks for the new idea1

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)