Easy Mexican Pork Chop Dinner

>> Monday, December 22, 2008

Well, after an extremely extended absence I have returned... hee hee. I'm not sure anyone noticed I was gone except Hillary but that's ok. I'm glad she's got so many recipes that she can just keep on truckin'. Now... on with the show.

The other night I had pork chops to make for dinner but I was very tired of the same old recipes so I went searching online. I found this recipe at www.grouprecipes.com. I am definitely going to look at this site more. This recipe was very simple and easy and it turned out wonderfully. I have never, and I mean never, had more tender pork chops! I also did not have any green chilies but it was still great!

Easy Mexican Pork Chop Dinner Recipe


Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 4 boneless pork chops
  • 1 t cumin
  • 1 dash cayenne pepper
  • 1 t seasoned salt
  • 1 t pepper
  • 1/2 med. onion, diced
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped stewed tomatoes, with juice
  • 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, drained
  • 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
  • 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees



  1. Mix seasonings together and lightly rub over chops
  2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.



  1. Brown the pork chops with onions about 5 minutes on each side.
  2. Remove chops from skillet and drain oil.



  1. Mix the tomatoes, corn, black beans, rice, and chilies in same skillet and bring to a boil.
  2. Cook and stir for 1 minute, until heated through.



  1. Transfer the tomato mixture to a baking dish. Arrange the browned pork chops over the mixture.
  2. Bake covered 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
  3. Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes, until rice is tender and pork has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees


Enjoy!!!


1 comments:

Rachel December 23, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Looks good. Sadly my kids aren't adventurous eaters so this will be another yummy dish to miss out on.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)