Snickerdoodles

>> Monday, December 29, 2008

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got to enjoy tons of good food, friends and family! We had a busy but great holiday week, and I'm sure looking forward to getting back into blogging again.

I don't know about you, but I did tons of baking last week. I spent the entirety of Wednesday baking cookies, breads, etc. I found this recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book. If you're looking for a recipe that's extremely kid-friendly, this is it. My kids loved rolling the cookies, in between trying to sneak bites of raw dough, of course. :) These cookies are so little and cute, and they made perfect gifts for our neighbors.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375.

In a mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds. Add baking soda and 1 cup sugar and mix well, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until well-blended. Then add flour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, then roll balls around in sugar mixture. DO NOT PRESS DOWN. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.



Bake at 375 for 10 or 11 minutes, or until edges are golden. Cool on a wire rack.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)