Paula Deen's Ultimate Pull-Apart Coffee Cake

>> Saturday, January 9, 2010

This is sooooooooooooooo yummy! I can't say it enough. I have to give my mom credit for the preparing on this one but they are just so delicious I had to post it anyway. Breakfast, snack... you name it... YUM!


Here's the recipe... ha ha. I thought I was pretty clever there.







16-18 unbaked frozen dinner rolls
1 pkg (3 oz) regular butterscotch pudding mix, not instant
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (we omitted these)
1/2 cup melted butter

The night before, place frozen rolls in well-greased Bundt pan. Sprinkle dry pudding mix over rolls. Sprinkle brown sugar over pudding mix. Sprinkle pecans over sugar. Pour melted butter over all. Cover with a damp towel or tightly with plastic wrap. Let rise overnight at room temperature, 8-10 hours.

Preheat oven to 350. Uncover; bake 30 minutes. Remove; cool 5 minutes. Invert pan onto serving platter; remove pan. Serve by pulling aparty with forks. Makes 6-8 servings.







                                                    Can you say YUM!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  September 15, 2010 at 4:15 AM  

I followed the recipe exactly but don't know what the heck went wrong. In the morning, after letting the dough rise for eight hours, it had overflowed out of the top of the pan and two of the biscuits toppled out and plopped onto the cookie sheet I had under it. The dough was massive!. I put it in the over anyway thinking that maybe this was normal and it would go down as it baked. Nope. I think it got bigger. When I took it out of the oven, it looked ridiculous. I think there was more dough outside of the pan than in it. Not sure I'm going to serve this to my coworkers because it looks like a hot mess. I'm sure it will taste good, but the presentation is not acceptable.

Hillary September 15, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Did you cover it tightly with plastic wrap? The plastic wrap, when put on tightly, should prevent the dough from rising too much.

Also, it might be that your elevation is different, and so you probably don't need to let it rise for quite so long. I live in the desert, and my rising time always differs a bit from recipes I use.

I hope it still tastes good! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)