White Turkey Chili

>> Thursday, July 31, 2008

I do a regular chili recipe in the crock pot that will be posted someday but I had been thinking about trying a turkey chili. So I search the web, of course, for something that would fit my tastes just right. Well I found two that I sort of combined to make my own. With chili you really can't go wrong. You can do beef, turkey, probably pork, or just beans. Then just throw in some veggies and liquid or whatever and you're set. Yummy.

The recipes I found came from HERE and HERE.

And here is what I did in my own cozy little kitchen :)

White Turkey Chili

1 lb ground turkey
3 cans white beans (any variety)
1 small can chopped green chilies
2/3 to 3/4 can chicken broth (adjust depending on how "soupy" you want it)
chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
1 tsp cumin
1 ½ tsp oregano
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
chopped green bell pepper ( i had to omit it in mine because I didn't have any)



Brown turkey with onion and garlic.



Add all ingredients to crock pot.



Cook on low until ready to serve.



Top with shredded Monterey jack cheese.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 11, 2012 at 7:49 AM  

This recipe has become a staple in my house for a few years now..thanks so much for posting - we love it!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)