Oreo Truffles

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009

This is MY kind of recipe. Hillary might object but oh she should at least try them first ;) I was browsing around one day and found this site where I got this recipe. So I cannot claim the genius as my own. But it is so yummy! I didn't use the mint oreos but I plan to try them. I made these around Christmas time and covered them in melted milk chocolate chips. Let me just say RICH!! As I ate them I got to thinking they would be even better covered with white chocolate so that's what you'll see here. I also ran out of white chocolate before i was done so I had to dip a few in melted semi-sweet chips and then I used some of that to drizzle on the white chocolate ones. I hope you'll try them and I hope you'll enjoy!


Oreo Truffles

1 20 oz. pkg. Oreo brand cookies (She recommended the mint)
8 oz pkg cream cheese, light or regular, softened
20 oz package milk or dark chocolate chips (She recommended Andes mint pieces as well)

1. Crush the cookies fine with food processor. Add cream cheese and mix well. Roll into 1" balls (or smaller) and set on cookie sheet. Place in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.

2. Melt the chocolate in microwave safe bowl 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth (you may not need all the chocolate). Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to the chocolate as it is melting to help with the consistency. Dip the Oreo balls into chocolate and place on cookie sheet. Place in refrigerator to chill until firm.





Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)