Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette

>> Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I meant to post this last week, but we had family come into town unexpectedly. I got this recipe from a friend years ago. We'd moved into a new apartment, and our neighbors invited us over for dinner since we didn't have our dishes unpacked yet. When I tasted the salad with this dressing, I just had to have the recipe. So thanks, Katelyn! This has become a definite favorite!

I think this dressing works best on a baby spinach salad. I made it the other night and put it on romaine, and it just didn't taste quite right. You could also use it as a marinade for chicken -- yum! Oh, and the sugar is optional. Depending on what brand of olive oil you have, you may or may not need the sugar. Just taste it first and see what you think.

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, minced
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional

Combine all ingredients and shake well. Let stand for several hours for greatest flavor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)