Dessert Pizza

>> Monday, March 30, 2009

I have had this recipe since I took a cooking class in high school. I have been in love with it forever! I love fruit and you can use anything you want on this and it's just delicious! It's a perfect spring/summer dessert and you can have it any time. It can easily change with the seasonal fruit if you want fresh all the time. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!


Dessert Pizza


Dough:

¾ cup shortening, part butter (I use ½ cup shortening, ¼ cup butter)

1 c sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp salt

2 eggs

2 ½ cups flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

Mix shortening, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover. Chill 1 hour. Pat dough onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.



Topping:

1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese

½ cup sugar (I used some powdered sugar as well... just a little)

Fruit


After crust has cooled, add sugar to cream cheese and blend. Spread over crust. Decorate with fruit as desired.


Fruit ideas:

Bananas

Grapes, halved

Peaches

Pineapple

Strawberries

Kiwi fruit

Blueberries




2 comments:

2girls17,  March 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Hi! I've seen this recipe using a roll of store bought sugar cookie dough. Can you use all butter instead of part shortening? Thanks! Linda

~April~ March 31, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

I'm sure it would be just fine with all butter. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)