Breadsticks

>> Sunday, June 22, 2008

This is one of my all time favorite recipes, and I wish I could take some of the credit. It was given to me by a friend of mine (thanks, Lisa!). I've modified it just a bit (I tend to do that to nearly every recipe for some reason) to make it faster. My family LOVES these breadsticks. I normally make a double batch because they go so fast!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups warm (105-115 degrees) water

1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
3-4 1/2 cups flour


In a large bowl or the bowl of your mixer, combine water, sugar, and yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes or until yeast is bubbly.

Add salt and stir. Add 1 1/2 c. flour and mix well. Gradually add more flour until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.

Spray a glass or metal bowl with cooking spray and place dough in the bowl. Cover and allow to rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.

Remove from bowl and place on a lightly-floured surface. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Roll into a rectangle and cut into 12 strips with a pizza cutter. Stretch out each piece a little bit and then twist it. Place each twisted bread stick onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Cover pan, and allow dough to rise for another 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 425. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. When they're done, rub them with butter, and then sprinkle them with garlic salt and parmesan cheese.

Now, see how long they last. . .

1 comments:

Cory January 18, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

This is my favorite bread stick recipe. it's so yummy!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)