Mexican Chicken

>> Monday, August 11, 2008

This chicken is really yummy. And seriously, you cannot get any easier than this recipe - there are only 4 ingredients! My husband doesn't like chicken in the crock pot (he says it has a different texture), but this is the one recipe he really likes.

Ingredients:
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can El Pato Mexican tomato sauce
1 can stewed tomatoes
2 tablespoons taco seasoning

Put chicken in the crock pot. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning, then pour El Pato sauce and stewed tomatoes over the chicken.

Cook on low for 4 hours. Remove chicken from crock pot, shred and then return to crock pot.

Cook for another hour to allow the now-shredded meat to really absorb some of the sauce. When I serve this, I usually soften up some corn tortillas in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on the stove, then put some of the meat mixture in and then top with cheese, sour cream and guacamole. This time, I just used the meat to make taco salads with because I had a bunch of lettuce in the fridge that was threatening to go bad on me. Since I was doing a taco salad, I added homemade ranch dressing, olives and crushed tortilla chips.

1 comments:

Bethany August 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

That does look fantastically easy. It will go on my list of things to try!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)