Wanna-be Hummus

>> Monday, August 25, 2008

I recently took this recipe to a large get-together with a bunch of women from church, and it was a huge hit. I've never made hummus before. I've never even tasted hummus before. From what I was told, this recipe isn't technically hummus since I didn't use chickpeas in it, but the lady who told me that also told me that my recipe was way better than any hummus she'd ever tasted. And apparently this lady was big into hummus. People couldn't say enough good things about it. It really was tasty.

I formed the recipe from 2 different recipes I got off of Food Network's website. I was researching different recipes to bring and liked elements from both of these - so why not combine them, I thought? And the result was dElIsH.

The ingredients list is really just an estimate. I really didn't measure very well, and you really can't screw this up. I love recipes like that where you can just throw stuff in without measuring and have it turn out great.

Ingredients:
2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon salt
1 can diced petite tomatoes
3 cloves garlic

Peel your garlic, then place in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until soft. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender; mix thoroughly until well combined. Chill until ready to serve. Now, my food processor is a lot smaller than I'd like it to be, so I had to make this recipe in batches and then mixed it all by hand in a large bowl.

Serve with a variety of veggies, pita bread, whatever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)