Garlic Roast Beef and Roasted Carrots

>> Monday, September 29, 2008

Sorry for my terribly long absence. I'm afraid it will get slightly worse before I'm consistently posting again. There is a lot of turmoil in my family right now and hopefully things will start to slowly get better soon. So thanks for your patience.... especially you, Hillary ;)

I thought I'd post something I've had ready for a while now. It is most delicious and more easy than you would ever guess. I call it...

Garlic Roast Beef and Roasted Carrots
(sounds complicated huh)

1 beef roast (my favorite is sirloin-tip roast - but don't quote me on that)
some carrots
1-2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper
1 cup or so or water (not necessary but makes more gravy that way)

Place roast - thawed or partially frozen - in a roasting pan. (I got mine at Wal*Mart for around $10)
Pour water in bottom of pan.
Season roast with salt and pepper.
Place whole garlic clove(s) in bottom of pan.
Put carrots around roast.
Cover with lid.

Cook for 1 hour in 350 degree oven.
Turn down heat to 225 degrees and cook 4-5 hours.



It will literally fall to pieces when you stab in your fork and give it a twist. YUM!


For gravy:


Pour meat drippings into a saucepan. If you want a lot of gravy you can add some water. Heat to a simmer and add 2-3 tsp beef bullion. Boil. Mix 1 cup COLD water with 3 TB cornstarch and mix well. Pour about 2/3 to 3/4 cornstarch mixture into the meat drippings. Stir. Allow to simmer and thicken. If you want thicker gravy, add more cornstarch mixture.



Serve with delicious mashed potatoes.

Yummy!!! Perfect Sunday dinner.

1 comments:

Carrie October 21, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

Looks delicious. I'm always looking for a new roast recipe.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)