Country Fried Pork Chops

>> Thursday, October 30, 2008

There really isn't a recipe for this one. It's more a method that you can change up however you want. My husband really loves chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, so one night I decided to do something similar with pork chops, and it turned out delicious.

I'll just give you my pork chop method. I used the same "recipe" for mashed potatoes that I use for my Shepherd's Pie recipe HERE .

Ingredients:
4 bone-in pork chops
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
3 cups milk
garlic salt
pepper
mashed potatoes

Spread 1/2 cup flour on a plate, and season with garlic salt and pepper. Toss with your fingertips to make sure seasoning goes all the way through the flour. Dip both sides of your chops into the flour. Then cook the chops in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat until just shy of done, probably about 8 minutes per side.

Remove chops from skillet. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet, then whisk in 2 tablespoons flour. Whisk constantly for about 1 minute, making sure all flour is incorporated into butter. Slowly whisk in milk, making sure there are no lumps. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened. Season with garlic salt and pepper, to taste.
Place chops back into gravy and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pork is very tender, flipping chops over half-way through. Serve with mashed potatoes.

Don't you love my high-quality paper dinnerware? ;)
I'd done a lot of dishes that day and didn't feel like adding more to the pile!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)