Fiesta Rice Saute

>> Monday, November 3, 2008

This is a recipe we found off a Spanish rice box years and years ago. Seriously, years ago. I remember making this when my oldest was just a brand new baby, and she's turning 7 in January. Anyhow, it's super-duper easy and yummy, is quick to throw together, can feed a crowd and tastes great! How's that for some key selling points?

My husband and I just had friends over for a game night a few weekends ago. So we had 4 adults and 5 kids eating between all of us. We made the recipe as is, no doubling or anything, and we still ended up with leftovers. So yeah, really filling.

Ingredients:
3/4-1 pound ground beef
1 box Spanish rice
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can diced green chilies
shredded cheddar
sour cream
green salsa
tortillas

Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, brown ground beef. When meat is done cooking, add cooked rice, corn and green chilies. Heat through.



Serve wrapped in tortillas and topped with green salsa and sour cream. See, I told ya it was ridiculously easy!


4 comments:

Beth November 4, 2008 at 12:15 PM  

What kind of spanish rice? Do you think I could make it with regular rice and add some spices? I really hate to use packaged foods.

Thanks!

Hillary November 4, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

Hi, Beth--

I just used regular boxed Spanish rice, I can't remember the brand, but any would do. I do have a recipe for Spanish rice from scratch that I'll be posting in the next few days. It's really easy.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)