Cheese and Bacon Potato Rounds

>> Monday, December 1, 2008

First of all, I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving! :)

I don't know about you, but I bought a large bag of potatoes to make mashed potatoes with last week and ended up with about half the bag left and didn't know what to do with them. I was in a pinch a few nights after T-day and didn't know what to make. The kids said they wanted baked potatoes, but I didn't have an hour to wait, so I decided to come up with something similar. They turned out really yummy and were so very easy. It was the perfect way to use up the rest of the potatoes. No, this recipe doesn't call for half a bag of potatoes. I just enjoyed this so much that I made it 2 days in a row. :)

Ingredients:
4 large baking potatoes
2 tablespoons butter, melted
salt and pepper, to taste
paprika
1/2 package bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces and cooked
green onions, chopped
cheddar cheese, shredded
sour cream

Scrub potatoes, then slice into 1/4-1/2 inch rounds. Spread into a thin, even layer on a baking sheet. Put melted butter on both sides (this is where your silicone pastry brush comes in super handy!). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and flip rounds over. Sprinkle with paprika, shredded cheese, bacon crumbles and green onions. Return to oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream.

I'd just spent 2 full days doing T-Day dishes,
so don't judge me on the paper plate! lol.

3 comments:

Emily December 4, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

These look so yummy- thanks for the great idea! I love potatoes and I'm always looking for new ways to serve them.

BTW- I LOVE my silicone pastry brush too!!

MDtripmom December 16, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

This recipe sounds really good...and really evil for my diet! LOL

Unknown November 10, 2016 at 4:24 PM  

Really late for this thread but how many ppl does this feed? Looks delish!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)