Pumpkin Cheesecake

>> Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I was trying to decide what yummy dessert I wanted to make for Thanksgiving. Since it was just our little family this year with no extended family around, I couldn't make all my favorites because we'd never eat that much. I decided the choice was between cheesecake and pumpkin pie. Then I realized I didn't have to choose -- I could combine them!

Yum!

I took parts of my favorite cheesecake recipe and parts of my favorite pumpkin pie recipe and mixed the key elements together. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, because I'd never done it before, so when we got together with friends that night for dessert and people told me how good it was, I was very relieved. :)

This is the perfect way to use up that small can of pumpkin leftover in your pantry. Or, if you have the larger can, use part of it in this recipe and the rest to make Pumpkin Cake Squares!

Ingredients:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
1 pound cream cheese, softened
1 16 ounce can pumpkin
1 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 375.

Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press along bottom and sides (it'll only go up about 1 inch) of a spring-form pan. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.

Combine remaining ingredients. Beat until smooth.

Pour batter into pan. Bake for 35 minutes. Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.

Did you make any fantastic desserts for Thanksgiving?
Do tell!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)