Sweet Potato Fries

>> Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Monday! I'm so excited to have my camera back to be able to blog again! I didn't realize how much I'd missed blogging until now. I've got so many great recipes to share that I've had a hard time deciding on which ones to post first!

I was recently given a bag full of lemons by a good friend of mine. As I was trying to figure out what to do with all these lemons, this recipe came to mind. So throughout this week, I'll be posting recipes that use fresh lemon juice. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have. Thanks again, Lisa!

On we go.

We love fries at our house (who doesn't??). In an effort to keep our arteries unclogged, I read over lots of online recipes, trying to find healthy alternatives. We invited some friends over for dinner a few years ago, and my husband wanted to make some yummy burgers. I figured that was the perfect time to debut this recipe I found on Foodnetwork, courtesy of Giada from Everyday Italian. Everyone loved it, even my kids. They gobble these up every time I make them.

Ingredients:
5 sweet potatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped OR 2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 recipe Garlic Mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 400.

Cut sweet potatoes into fries that are about 1 inch wide by 5 inches long. This doesn't have to be too precise or anything, but the thicker you cut them, the more limp they'll be when they're done cooking -- so you want them pretty thin.

Place fries on a foil lined baking sheet and toss with the oil. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Combine basil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. When fries are done, sprinkle them liberally with the salt mixture. Serve with garlic mayo for dipping.

Fries that are good for you? Yes, please!

1 comments:

Rachel March 2, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

Mine came out mushy, but still so good. My baby was gobbling them up. Yum.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)