Chunky Minestrone Soup

>> Friday, March 20, 2009

So it turns out that my mom has some really great recipes and it would take me literally years to go through them all... NOT joking! I need to explore more of her cookbooks. This recipe is so simple and easy to do at the last minute. And it's tasty too.

Chunky Minestrone Soup


1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained

1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano**

1 cup broken uncooked egg noodles

1 stalk celery, sliced

2 cans (14 oz) chicken or beef broth

1 can sliced carrots, drained


Combine all ingredients except carrots in large pot. Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes. Add carrots and simmer 5 more minutes. Serve with warm bread, if desired.


Serves 4-6


** Next time I will add some garlic and onion.



3 comments:

Rachel March 20, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

I am in the midst of making this for my picky family...fingers crossed

Rachel March 20, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

Woohoo, they loved it! Thank you!

Hillary March 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

I am so glad your family enjoyed it!! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)