Avocado Salad Dressing

>> Monday, April 6, 2009

How I love my cooking magazines! It seems like every post I've done for the past several months has been out of a magazine. I've just had such good luck with them lately! If you don't subscribe to a cooking magazine, you definitely need to! I get so much inspiration from them, and it's a great excuse to sit down and relax. Yes, I sit down and read cooking magazines to relax. Nerdy? Maybe. But my family is grateful. :)

I believe this recipe came from Cooking Light. It's really delicious. So creamy and yummy. It works great as a salad dressing, but you could also use it as a dip. You can easily control the thickness by adding more buttermilk or more yogurt. You really cannot even tell that it's low-fat, which is a must for any low-fat dish I'll ever make.

Ingredients:
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. And that's it, folks! Serve as a dressing over a crisp salad, or serve as a dip with veggies, pita chips or sweet potato fries.

Do you already subscribe to a cooking magazine?
Which one is your favorite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)