My Staples, Part 1

>> Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I've been asked what things I always have on hand, so I decided to do a 3 part series of those items. Today, I'll cover the refrigerator, Friday I'll cover the pantry, then next week I'll cover my spice cupboard.

I usually have a lot more than this at any given time. These are just the things I always make sure I have.


What I always have in my fridge:
eggs
mayonnaise
buttermilk
salsa
sharp cheddar cheese
real butter
sour cream
tortillas (corn and flour)
Dijon mustard
Parmesan
tons of veggies (tomatoes, lettuce, green onions, celery, carrots, broccoli, cucumber...)
lunch meat (always turkey, sometimes ham as well)
Asian items (soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, etc)
bacon
hot sauce (Sriracha, Tabasco, etc)
ketchup
yeast
salad dressing (usually homemade, very rarely store-bought)
milk (2% for drinking, whole for bread-making)
Worchestershire

What things do you keep in your fridge that I didn't have on my list?



Edited: because I can't believe I forgot the Worchestershire!

4 comments:

Krystle February 17, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

I just recently started keeping lemons in the fridge and lemon juice because alot of the recipes I try call for it and Worchester sauce (sp?) is another new thing I keep in the fridge as well!

Krystle February 17, 2010 at 8:59 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meagan February 17, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

I think I have an excessive list of staples! Maybe I should rethink my list! Lol...

These are a few additional things I always have: bleu cheese, mozarella, cream cheese, nuts (usually almonds and pecans, and yes, I keep 'em in the fridge), sour cream, pickles, BBQ sauce, yellow mustard, Worcestershire, relish (for tuna sandwiches, of course), canadian bacon for those last minute pizza nights...

Other than that our lists look almost identical.

Meagan February 17, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

Oh, ginger, lemons & limes are another few that I always have.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)