Breakfast Sandwiches

>> Monday, May 17, 2010

My semester is over! I finished all my finals last week and have 2 weeks of school-free bliss before summer semester starts. I know it's going to go by way too fast!

Today's post isn't a recipe, it's a method. Since going back to school, I've been so busy that I've had to come up with a larger repertoire of quick and easy meals. My kids aren't lovers of cereal for breakfast. I've spoiled them with hot breakfast too much, I guess. The other morning, my oldest asked if we could go to McDonald's for breakfast since I had a busy day ahead of me with finals. That's when I got the idea to just make McD's at home instead -- healthier, cheaper, and faster.

These would also be a great thing to have on hand in the freezer for even quicker breakfasts.

You can do these sandwiches tons of ways. Poach or scramble the eggs instead of frying them. Add sausage or bacon instead of ham. Serve on biscuits instead of English muffins.

Ingredients:
English muffins
eggs
cheese
ham or Canadian bacon

Cook eggs however you want. This particular morning, I fried them in a little butter. Meanwhile, toast English muffins in the toaster. When eggs are done, assemble sandwiches.

I popped mine in the oven for a couple of minutes just to melt the cheese.

How often do you make a hot breakfast?

3 comments:

Jacque Butterfield May 17, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

We make something like this with sandwich thins and bacon and we put a slice of cheddar on the freshly toasted bread and then put the hot bacon on it.

Rachel May 18, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

I only make a hot breakfast when we are out of milk. My kids prefer cereal. Hot breakfast is for dinner around here.

Emily May 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

YUM! These look so good!! We have done a similar breakfast sandwich with those refridg. biscuits, a sausage patty, egg, and cheese - a little more on the fattening side, but so good! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)