Crunchy Onion Barbecue Chicken

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010

This is another recipe that I got from Full Bellies, Happy Kids. She said she got it from Taste of Home. I don't remember seeing it in any of the recent magazines, so I'm glad I saw it on her blog. It was really tasty! My kids devoured it, and it was super easy and quick. I always have all the ingredients on hand, so it's a perfect go-to meal. I served mine with buttermilk mashed potatoes. It would go great with anything you'd serve at a barbecue -- corn on the cob, potato salad, etc -- or serve it with green bean casserole to use up more of the French's french fried onions.

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 1/3 cups French's french fried onions, crushed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Combine onions, cheese and pepper in a shallow dish or bowl. Put barbecue sauce into separate shallow dish or bowl. Coat both sides of chicken breast halves into barbecue sauce, then dip one side into onion mixture. Place chicken onion side up on a foil lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400* for about 25 minutes, or until cooked through.

Do you have any yummy recipes that use French's french fried onions (besides green bean casserole)?

3 comments:

Elizabeth May 27, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

I made this this week and it was very good!
quick question: how coarse fine do you think the onions should be crushed? It's hard to tell from the picture...

Hillary May 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

Hi, Elizabeth! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I didn't crush the onions too finely. I still wanted the texture of the onions on top. So I crushed them up just enough to where they were small enough to stick well on the chicken. I just used my hands and pressed them down a few times.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)