Baked Bacon

>> Monday, May 24, 2010

I detest making bacon on the stove top, mainly because I can't ever make it without getting scalded by the grease. But also because of the greasy mess I have to clean up after it cooks. We have a Sunday tradition where we have BLTs for lunch. As I was making them a couple of weeks ago, I was annoyed about having to make 2 batches of bacon to accommodate all the sandwiches. Then I realized, DUH!, I can cook bacon in the oven! I really love cooking it this way because the bacon stays nice and flat, instead of getting all shriveled up. It's perfect for sandwiches this way.

You guys are probably a lot smarter than me and have been doing this for a while. But just in case there is somebody else out there like me who hasn't thought of it before now, here's the method!

Line a baking sheet with foil, then place an oven-safe baking rack on top. Lay bacon pieces on top, and bake at 400* for about 20 minutes, or until bacon is browned.


What was your most recent "aha!" moment? ;-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)