Turkey, Bacon, and Avocado Wraps

>> Friday, May 28, 2010

This is just to give you some inspiration and isn't a recipe. I often will see things on a website and think, "Duh! Why didn't I think of that?!" or "Oh, yeah! I love that meal!" My family gets really sick of sandwiches, so this is my way of tricking my kids. It always seems like it's more fun wrapped up in a tortilla as opposed to being in between 2 slices of bread.

I'm sure you are well aware of the pure bliss that comes from the combination of turkey, bacon, and avocado. Plus, you get to eat bacon, and that's never a bad thing. Everyone needs more excuses to eat bacon. ;-)

The ingredients list is just what I had on hand the day I made these. There are tons of ways to improvise. I was in a hurry on this day and just threw these together in a flash, so they don't contain anything that required a lot of chopping/rinsing/dishes.

Ingredients:
turkey breast (I just used thick sliced lunch meat)
cream cheese, softened
1 avocado, sliced
lettuce (I used romaine)
bacon (less mess by cooking it in the oven!)
1 tomato, sliced
flour tortillas

Spread the cream cheese onto each tortilla, then top with remaining ingredients. Roll up, and cut in half on an angle. I secured mine with toothpicks so they'd stay rolled up.

5 comments:

Hanna May 28, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

YUM! This sounds amazing! I have to try it!

Krystal May 29, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

that does look tasty, and easy to eat on the go! Love it!

and I agree--sometimes you see something and think why didn't I think of that? :)

Carrie June 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

Oh wow, that sounds absolutely PERFECT for summer, especially here in AZ. Since I tend to have a lot of chicken around I think I'll substitute it for the turkey.

Carrie June 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

One more thing, my hubs can't STAND cream cheese. Ranch would be good in its place, right?

Hillary June 1, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Carrie- Yes, I think ranch would be yummy! I hadn't thought about substituting chicken. That's a great idea!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)