New York Style Cheesecake

>> Monday, June 28, 2010

I really have been a slacker and poor Hillary probably thinks I've abandoned her here or something ;) But I'm around. Just don't do a lot of cooking due to my work schedule. I'm not sure where I got this recipe but I found it somewhere a few years ago. My mom actually made it this time for my brother's birthday yesterday.

New York Style Cheesecake

1 cup honey maid graham cracker crumbs (or you can make your own if you are too cheap to buy crumbs like I am)
3 T sugar
3 T butter or margarine, melted
5 pkg (8 oz each) Philadelphia Cream cheese (any brand will do), softened
1 C sugar
3 T flour
1 T vanilla
1 C sour cream
4 eggs
Topping of your choice

Mix crumbs, 3 T sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes.

Beat cream cheese, 1 C sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.

Bake at 325 for 65 minutes or until center is almost set. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Spread topping over cheesecake and garnish as you please before serving.

Makes 16 servings.

And boy is it ever yummy! :)








































Is your mouth watering yet?

4 comments:

0ke June 29, 2010 at 5:00 PM  

That was seriously not nice April! I was trying to plan my meals for the next week while ignoring my sweet tooth screaming at me. Now, I'm gonna have to make a cheesecake! :-p

~April~ June 29, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

You know you're dying to eat it!!! I will always be the unhealthy contributor ;)

Mary Bergfeld July 2, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Many have tried but few have ever been able to beat the luscious simplicity of a New York cheesecake. Yours looks delicious. This is my first visit to your blog. I took some time to read your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did. I love your recipes and the tone of your blog. I'll be back often. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Hillary July 2, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Thank you, Mary! We're so glad you enjoy the blog! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)