Dump Cake

>> Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Perhaps you read the name and you think... "what on earth is DUMP cake". Hee hee. Well, I'll tell you. It's yummy, versatile, and soooo easy. It's very similar to the cobbler cake I posted a while ago. So I hope you'll enjoy it.

Dump Cake

1 can pie filling (any flavor - blueberry is my favorite)
1 large can crushed pineapple (un-drained)
1 cake mix (whatever you think will compliment your filling choice - yellow is my favorite)
1 square butter/ margarine

Step 1: Dump (hence the name of the cake) the pie filling into a greased 13x9 pan



Step 2: Dump pineapple over pie filling


Step 3: Sprinkle cake mix over fruit and smooth it out


Step 4: Cut margarine into thin slices and place on top of cake mix


Step 5: Bake at 325 for about an hour or until golden brown


Step 6: Devour it!

2 comments:

Hillary September 16, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

I always top mine with homemade whipped cream. De-lish!

~April~ September 16, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

You and your whipped cream :P

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)