Garlic Chicken Pizza

>> Friday, September 12, 2008

My husband and I went to Olive Garden a few weekends ago, and I was inspired to make this after looking over their menu. I'm a huge fan of Fettuccine Alfredo and pizza, so why not combine the 2? I think Olive Garden has it right on the money. Delish.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, sliced
1 recipe Alfredo Sauce
1 recipe breadstick dough, prepared through the second rise
green onions, chopped
extra Parmesan, for topping pizza

You can either make one large pizza or divide the dough in half to make 2 smaller ones. If you make one large pizza, you'll need to give the dough about 7-10 minutes head start in the oven so it's not raw in the center and then increase the cooking time just a bit. If you do decide to make 2 pizzas, divide the dough in half before the second rise.

Cook chicken breasts in a little bit of olive oil. I seasoned mine simply, with just salt and pepper. While chicken cooks, roll dough into desired pizza shape.

To give the dough some extra yummy-ness, I drizzled the dough with olive oil and then sprinkled it with garlic salt. Then I spread some sauce on the dough. Okay, a lot of sauce.

Then scatter the cooked chicken on top of the pizza.

Bake at 425 for about 7 minutes. Then pull the pizza out, sprinkle the top with extra Parmesan and chopped green onions and return to oven for another 5-7 minutes. The pizza pictured below is one I made without green onions for the kids.

1 comments:

Mindy September 13, 2008 at 2:43 PM  

Yay, you're back!!! This looks great!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)