Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

>> Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm not a cookie person. But I seriously love these cookies! That's saying something. Something big. Making cookies is a great excuse to do something fun with your kids, AND it gives you an excuse to eat some delicious cookies at the same time! :)

I've been making this recipe for years! It comes out of my Better Homes and Gardens cook book that my mother-in-law gave to me shortly after I got married. The only thing I've done to tweak this recipe is I'll sometimes add chopped peanuts to the batter. Or you could add chocolate chips. If you like that sort of thing.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats

In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and peanut butter on medium speed about 30 seconds, or until combined.



Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking power and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Add eggs and vanilla.


When that is thoroughly mixed, add flour. If you don't have a stand mixer, you'll probably have to mix in most of the flour by hand, using a wooden spoon.


Stir in the rolled oats (and nuts or chocolate, if you're adding those).


Drop dough by rounded spoon-fulls 2 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet.


Bake at 375 for about 9 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool.


2 comments:

Tracey,  March 17, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Did you use old fashion oats or the quick cooking oats? I can't wait to try this!

Hillary March 17, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Hi, Tracey! I use the quick cooking oats. :) Hope you enjoy the cookies!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)