Meal Plan Monday

>> Monday, August 31, 2009

Hello, all! Welcome to yet another week! Did last week go by quickly for anyone else?

This week, my family needed to eat as cheap as humanly possible. I ended up making a week long menu with stuff I already had on hand for the most part and only spent $34 at the store! I'll likely have to make a trip for milk, but that'll be all we'll need more of. I'm pretty impressed!

Before you think too highly of me, do realize that I had quite a nice stock pile of meats already in my freezer. So I didn't have to buy any meat at all this week and probably won't next week either. If it hadn't been for that, my bill would have been higher. Which is why I love Sam's Club! I don't shop there very often at all, but they are the cheapest place around for most kinds of meat, chicken breasts and thighs in particular.

Sunday-- teriyaki chicken and rice
Monday-- stuffed crust pizza
Tuesday-- spaghetti and homemade rolls
Wednesday-- country fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy
Thursday-- creamed tuna on toast
Friday-- easy cheesy meat and potatoes
Saturday-- shepherd's pie

So what yummy-ness do you have planned this week?

1 comments:

Anonymous,  September 2, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

thanks for the hillary. I really need it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)