Hash Brown Chicken

>> Thursday, September 3, 2009

I must sincerely apologize to Hillary and everyone else for not being consistent on this blog. I hope it will get better soon. Things in my life have been and still are hectic and busy, but here is a yummy chicken recipe to make up for my lack of posts (sorry Hill)! :)

Hash Brown Chicken


Ingredients:


¼ cup all-purpose flour

4 skinless, bone-in* chicken breast halves (about 6 oz each)

2 cups refrigerated shredded potatoes (from a 20-oz package)

1 large egg

3 T Dijon-style mustard

¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a backing sheet with cooking spray. Place flour in a shallow dish; coat top of each chicken-breast half with flour.


Combine shredded potatoes, egg, and mustard in a large bowl; mix well. Divide potato mixture evenly onto floured sides of chicken-breast halves; press to adhere and cover tops. Arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle melted butter on top of each.


Bake chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 180 degrees and potatoes are golden. About 45 minutes.


Serves 4


* Well… I just noticed right now as I’m typing this recipe that it said bone-in chicken so obviously that’s not what I used. I used boneless. Cooking time may not be as long with boneless chicken breasts.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)