Stacked Enchilada Bake

>> Monday, September 14, 2009

Again I need to apologize for taking so long to post. Hillary has been having some medical problems and is currently spending some time in the hospital. But she is getting much better. If you'd like to send her any wishes, feel free to comment. It's truly a miracle she is alive right now and I just need to tell her again what a great friend she is and how much I love her. :)

Alright.... sappy stuff done.... on to the recipe!

Stacked Enchilada Bake


12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces

2 cans (15-16 oz each) chili beans in sauce, undrained

1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce

1 ½ cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (6 oz)

3 medium green onions, sliced (3 T)*


Heat oven to 400. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.


Place half of the tortilla pieces in casserole; top with one can of beans. Repeat layers. Pour enchilada sauce over beans and tortilla pieces. Sprinkle with cheese and onions.


Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until bubbly around edge.


* I didn’t have any green onion so I didn’t use any.


Enjoy!



3 comments:

Beth September 15, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Hang in there Hillary!
This looks so good, I am going to put it in my menu plan for this week.

Shelli,  September 15, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Hillary... so sorry you aren't well. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

Elizabeth,  September 15, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

oh no, get well soon!
I enjoy your dinner ideas on the blog.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)