Meal Plan Monday

>> Monday, September 21, 2009

Normally, I'd be fighting the urge to be annoyed about yet another Monday. I just love weekends and having my hubby home. But after my health scare last week, I'm just grateful for another day to be with my family and to be alive!

It's a long story, so I'll paraphrase. My doctor prescribed some birth control pills for me last year, even though I have a history of blood clots (I get them during pregnancy, in my lungs, and nobody knows why). I asked him if they were safe for me, and he said yes. So I've been taking them for a year without any troubles. Until Labor Day weekend. I started getting very short of breath, so I went into my doctor's office that Tuesday. My heart rate was at 111 (norm is 50-100), but even so, he told me to rest and come back in a week. By Friday, it was a lot worse, so my hubby took me to the ER. My heart rate was at 130 by that point. When they did a CT scan, they said both my lungs were almost completely closed off with clots and that I'm very lucky to be here today. A 5 day hospital stay and 1 new doctor later, I'm home and on the road to recovery! Thanks for all the well wishes!

I have a meal plan for this week, but I'm not sure I'll actually end up using it. I've got some nice ladies from church that have signed up to bring us meals for a week. But just in case, here's my menu.

Monday-- Spaghetti and crescent rolls
Tuesday-- Chili and cornbread
Wednesday-- Cheese enchiladas
Thursday-- Thai peanut noodles
Friday-- Chips and salsa chicken
Saturday-- BLT's
Sunday-- leftovers

Hopefully you all had a much better weekend than I did!
If you did something fun or made something yummy, tell us about it!!

2 comments:

Shelli,  September 22, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

Hillary,

How incredibly scary. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better and are on the road to recovery. I absolutely love your blog... Take care!

Kristi,  September 23, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

I always look forward to your meal plan mondays :) Keep taking it easy until you're fully recovered!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)