Egg Salad Sandwiches

>> Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Well, hello!  I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last posted.  I keep hoping I'll get used to being Mom/Student/Wife, but finding my groove hasn't been as easy as I thought.  I think I was crazy when I decided to go back to school!  Today I’m taking a much-needed break from school work to get caught up on things, and this was the first item on my list!

So, being in school means I’m short on time.  That translates to needing to find quick meals.  I’m still usually good about making nice dinners, but lunches need to be quick and easy.  I haven’t made egg salad in a very long time but had a hankering for it the other day.  I forgot how delish it is!  And easy.  And it made enough for me to eat for like 3 days in a row.  Gotta love being able to cook once and have 3 meals worth! 

Plus, it’s something you can make ahead of time and keep in the fridge.  You can either make the recipe from start to finish and keep the prepared egg salad in the fridge, or you can hardboil your eggs and pop them back in the fridge for whenever you’re ready to make this recipe.  I love make-ahead recipes!

This is one of those where it’s more a method than anything.  You can change it up to your own likes/dislikes.  I’m just going to type up the recipe how I made it, but again, it’s super easy to change adjust.

Ingredients:
8 hardboiled eggs, cooled
1/2 cup mayo
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
salt, pepper, and dill
sandwich bread (or make your own!)
lettuce and tomato

Peel the eggs, and just toss them into a bowl whole.  Add remaining ingredients. 

february 001

Then take your potato masher (that’s just to show you what it looks like – you can find them for WAY cheaper at Walmart, Target, etc.) and smush it all together. 

february 003

At this point, you can chill it or just serve it up.  I’m impatient (and in a hurry), so I just serve it up.  Toast up your bread, dump on the egg salad, and top with lettuce and tomato, if desired.

february 005

I served mine with some celery and a bit of ranch (use your favorite dressing, or make your own ranch dip).  It was a really quick and easy lunch.

february 006

Do you have an egg salad recipe you love?
Post it!

my signature

2 comments:

0ke May 13, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

That looks awesome Hillary! Can't wait to try it.

bethbarkley00 December 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

I loved this recipe and do it much like you, but I also add pine nuts for crunchiness and Cayenne pepper for health of the heart. I know you are serving these for children, so the Cayenne would not work...On the side I blacken pineapple rings and they crystallize...I also cut up Jalapenos and red roasted peppers. This I add to my egg salad as I eat it on Romaine lettuce. I also add sweet dill relish to the ingredients for a bit of sweetness. I sometimes add capers...depends on my mood! I love throwing it into the bowl and mixing it up in 5 minutes to eat a bountiful healthy meal! Your pictures are great...With roasted red peppers the picture would be perfect...but you have to like them!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)