Ranch Dip

>> Friday, August 29, 2008

This recipe can be used for a dressing or a dip. It's delish either way. This is the recipe my mom always makes for parties to serve with veggies and chips. It's really not much of a recipe at all actually and is so easy it's ridiculous. It's something I grew up with, and it always reminds me of my mom when I make it. I took it to the same get-together that I took the wanna-be hummus to, and it got equally great reviews.

A note: You really need to use the Dips seasoning, NOT the package for dressing, even if you're wanting to make dressing and not dip. The dressing packets don't have the same flavor. I've tried making this recipe with the dressing packet instead, and it just doesn't taste nearly as good.

Another note: If you're making it as a dressing, you may need to add extra buttermilk each time you go to use it. It doesn't always thicken up, but sometimes I need to add an extra tablespoon or two of buttermilk before I drizzle my salad.

Ingredients:
1 package Hidden Valley Dips seasoning
16 ounces sour cream
buttermilk (I think I use about a cup)

Combine seasoning and sour cream until thoroughly mixed. Then add buttermilk until desired consistency is reached. Chill for 1 hour before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)